-  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

[Return]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 1905)
Message
File
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 2000 KB.
  • Images greater than 420x420 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 563 unique user posts. View catalog
  • Post screening is enabled. All posts and replies must be approved by staff before appearing on this board.


/spam/ ~ Shortners to be banned on 180 /cg/
File 153656934069.png - (54.27KB , 445x440 , fawkes3.png )
1905 No. 1905
Users have always complained about the use of link shorteners on /cg/, but our long standing policy was to not disturb the market forces between visitors and shekeleers. However so much content is posted daily on /cg/ now that it's possible to raise the posting standard at the expense of losing a chunk of it.

A quick survey reveals the percent of shortened contributions on the /cg/'s of the 3 chans is 40% at 180chan, 80% at 144chan, and 85% at 155chan.

It's therefore possible to take advantage of the already high percent of direct links on 180's /cg/ and ban shorteners on it for new posts. Existing posts with shorteners will be tolerated, and shekeleers will also be allowed to copy their old posts to 144 or 155 if they wish.

Not wanting to take a hasty decision however without room for debate and shekeleer outrcry, the bill will not be signed by Mod before Monday, Sep 17. If you'd like to propose an idea or an argument please join the discussion here.
Expand all images
>> No. 1907
As a both user and uploader I generally agree with the proposal. In reality the amount of money that can be made from using this kind of downloader is minimal and if people are going to get out their prams over this then they must on the poverty threshold. Which I very much doubt. So go ahead and implement this policy as far as I an concerned. It will benefit many yet only annoy a very few.
>> No. 1909
File 153658684433.jpg - (4.17KB , 200x186 , myhat.jpg )
1909
>>1907
I actually think it will benefit shekeleers because more users will be checking 180's /cg/ knowing they won't be frustrated downloading, which in turn will help it get more posts. I'm hoping we can eventually apply this policy to all 3 chans if it proves successful in 180.
>> No. 1910
I do not understand the proposal very well because I do not understand English.
Are you saying that you will ban shorteners? only in 180chan?
or in the 3 chan?

ONLY 180 FOR NOW

>> No. 1911
>>1907
That minimum income that you mention is very valuable to me.
and I'm sure that also for others too, if this were not so then because we continue posting links with shorteners or using paid hosting?

for the simple fact that the minimum profit that you mention is valuable for people like me and like some others who are in poor countries.

of course you can not buy a car or residence with that minimum profit, but if you help me have better foods and basic things in daily life.

in 144chan there are thousands and thousands of visitors, and only 3-6 people the same as always are those who complain because they want to be given a quality content and in the mouth

if the shorteners are prohibited, how many do you think will continue to share content without any benefit? Without content, the visits to the chan will be reduced, and both the downloaders, posters and the admins will be affected.

but hey it's just my opinion, just do not get confused we're not in the deep web.
>> No. 1912
File 153660132286.jpg - (4.17KB , 200x186 , myhat.jpg )
1912
>>1911
There are few things I hate more than people who comment before even reading. I clearly said shorteners will continue to be allowed on 144 and 155 for now until the full effect of that decision is observed on 180.

Furthermore, the fact that almost half of /cg/ posts across the Trichans are direct to the host means it can indeed be profitable. Even if we banned shorteners across the 3 chans tomorrow, and assuming half of shortener posters leave and the other half adapts, we would still retain 75% of the daily contributions which, already being in the hundreds daily, would barely be noticeable to the average visitor.

I also have no doubt that shekeleers using shorteners receive less hits than direct ones. The question this experiment is trying to answer is, are shortener posters leeching off the system, using the popularity of non-shortener threads to get extra hits? We'll see what happens when 180chan is 100% direct links and 144 and 155 are more or less 100% shorteners. If 180 ends up with more visitors and subsequently more shekeleer posts then yes, the next step might be globally banning shorteners. But if 180 ends up being a ghost town due to shekeleers flocking to 144 and 155 with visitors following them then the decision will be rolled back. But because 60% of 180chan's /cg/ posts are already direct the bad scenario is not gonna happen.

The mechanics is all about supply and demand. When I started working on the chans I was ready to take shit from shekeleers just to have them post here. But now that we've exploded in popularity and shekeleers are killing each other over page 1 spots with false bumps and all we have the power to be selective. We can afford to weed out 25% or hell even 50% of shekeleer posts and still be flooded with hundreds of posts daily, so why not keep the best to maximize user satisfaction?
>> No. 1913
>>1909
I agree with this. At the moment I am exercising my 'market forces' by rarely visiting any of the /cg/ boards in the full knowledge that there won't be many useable links that don't jeopardize my browser security. I am not one of the serial complainers hinted at by >>1911, I just don't go to /cg/ very often.

The worst offenders are those who 'nest' shorteners one behind the other.

Perhaps there could be a survey (similar to the file hosts one) to identify which shortening services don't muck visitors about and which are a total pain to the point of deterring visitors.
>> No. 1914
>>1912
apologize mod, but do not read English, let alone write it .. I use a translator to understand your ads. therefore maybe I could not understand it well.

>>1913
at no time insinuated that you were one of the complainers

but as a poster I realized that among the thousands of visitors only a few are always there bother and bother. And there's no point in arguing with them when most understand the post

if we are here it is to reach a good agreement
>> No. 1915
File 153660568872.jpg - (4.17KB , 200x186 , myhat.jpg )
1915
>>1914
>among the thousands of visitors only a few are always there bother and bother.
We get tens of thousands of daily visitors per chan and according to this logic even with 2000 complaining posts you will claim the silent majority is content!

I don't see how can you argue that shorteners especially chained ones are not annoying. If you're basing your argument on that logic then you're not helping anyone and just wasting your time and ours. Shorteners are annoying. This is a fact. And the only possible concern so far is shekeleers may flock away if we ban them which I already addressed by apply it to 180 only. I'm still waiting for any other counterarguments.
>> No. 1916
Will be still allowed no money masking links?
Just to hide referrer?
like a redirect link

SURE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT

>> No. 1917
Good afternoon
I understand their measure and I agree in part because the advertising is invasive put more than 1 shortener and almost all bring pop ads emerging others undermine the pc or inject malware and that if it bothers anyone, I think there are shorteners that are not so invasive I am using one that does not bring those problems urlcah.pw, it is an extra win the shorteners as a thank you to those who are looking for material download compresses we upload and share, we must see it from that side and another that protects our links as there are several envious report the links of the filehost when they are free and we ban the account ahy, the shortener does not avoid that but it is more difficult to report, I already happened and I lost a lot of contributions for that problem, I suggest you analyze this proposal and use of 1 shortener and they are on the white list, because the truth helps a lot, I hope the opinion of the other shekeleers and you Adm
Thanks
Att: MrCollection

ANY NON-CAPTCHA SHORTENER IS OK IN PRINCIPLE

FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST A LIST OF APPROVED SHORTENERS HERE BEFORE MONDAY

I WILL START WITH ulinkx.net

>> No. 1919
>>1917
urlcash.pw
It does not have a re-capcha just wait 5 seconds and ready. I worked years ago with guardlink.org and lix.in encrypted the urls and it was difficult to remove them, it served me for many years now I checked and they no longer work if I find another similar informare,
In any case proceed as appropriate and I came up with many ideas I always get the good out of the bad things.
They could also put linites of age 12 and r for example because minors of that age disturbed not just I think and think that's why they lose their domains followed, I follow many blogs and forums that continue many years without problems having those limits, age, shorteners , filehost, imghosting etc
it's not good to reach the limit as I see that they do a lot but well it's just my opinion

I'LL CONSIDER WHITELISTING IT IF NO USERS DEMAND OTHERWISE BY MONDAY

>> No. 1924
>>1919
What's the point of banning shorteners if users won't be able to see the host? At least with ulinkx I can check the host immediately but why wait 5 seconds just to see if it's a good host or not?
>> No. 1925
what about cpmlink,all of a sudden i cannot access this i get the redirect to ads but page wont go to the link can anyone advise and apologies to mods if asked in wrong place
>> No. 1926
>>1924
the idea is to protect the links because if they are direct they report faster and with a delay of 5 seconds delay reporting THEN HOW ABOUT A 5000 SECONDS DELAY TO TOTALLY WEED OUT BAD TROLLS?, it is easier to just copy and paste if they are in sight, if they review many post they fall and the shekeleers get tired and withdraw as the hosts ban you and you lose what you joined because almost everyone gives you back your winnings 1 week up to 1 month and in the course you are banned and go all wing nothing, the bad of most current shorteners has too much publicity invasive and with virus.
ulinkx.net only covers the main url and redirects and displays the main url, therefore the same is left exposed, the one that has patience will keep going up until tired of being banned by their links.
for my part I already found many solutions, I'm just here because I'm bored hehe :)
rather thank your measure

THEN HOW THE FUCK DO 60% OF /CG/ SHEKELEERS POST DIRECTLY WITHOUT ANY MASKING AT ALL?

>> No. 1927
>>1925
you have to have a handy for each shortener and a good antivirus that blocks pop-ups because if you use adblok some shorteners will not let you because they have antiadblok, but if you do not pass, you reported the host's link

STUPID LOGIC. ANNOY 90% OF USERS SO ANTIS SUPPOSEDLY ARE UNABLE TO REPORT IT

SO FAR ONLY ULINKX IS APPROVED

>> No. 1929
As a long time lurker, have pretty much already got most of what the shecklers post from sites like mir, chatango, emule, the old librechan. Most things are shared free of charge, look at all the polyfan leaks, no one making money from them. I have no issue with shecklers, but when links are excessive and intrusive and then sometimes lead to nothing, there is frustration created in the mind of the downloader. Maybe if the Shecklers had been a little less greedy and more willing to use reliable download hosts this may never have become an issue. I would just as soon ban all links, there are more than enough people sharing good and valuable content for free anyway, but...whatever.
>> No. 1931
Leave it at that! http://pastebyte.com/

WHY NOT DIRECT LINKS OR ULINKS SO USERS DON'T NEED TO CLICK TWICE?

>> No. 1932
>>1931 At any time, you can replace links without adding new messages
>> No. 1933
Propose a here is this. without ads.without a captcha.
https://paste.ubuntu.com
https://justpaste.it/
http://freetexthost.com
http://sebsauvage.net/paste/
the last 2 links are clickable

APPROVED. BETTER USE THE CLICKABLE ONES

>> No. 1936
I very much doubt the reason for using an urlshortener is to hide the link from being reported. In 98% of the cases, it's for earning a few extra bucks. If the idea is to hide the referer, you can just use anon.to or similar.

Imo, don't allow url shorterners which requires captcha, extra clicks or offer an affiliate program. If ur using a filehost with affiliate program, there's no need for an url shorterner with an affiliate program too - we're not that greedy, are we ? ;o
>> No. 1938
FUCK FUCK FUCK !!!!
>> No. 1939
File 153717073724.jpg - (190.71KB , 500x496 , siptears.jpg )
1939
>>1938
mmmm
>> No. 1940
180chan.info seems to be not working anymore !
>> No. 1941
please also ban Premium only !

WHICH THREADS ON 180 ARE PREMIUM ONLY?

>> No. 1942
>>1941

https://180chan.co/sw/res/16468.html#16468
https://180chan.co/sw/res/15166.html#17291
https://180chan.co/sw/res/15166.html#17419
https://180chan.co/sw/res/15166.html#17716

THIS IS /SW/

PERVERTED GRANNY LOVERS CAN ROT IN HELL FOR ALL I CARE

THEY HURT ADULTS AND TRAUMATIZE THEM

THEY'RE THE SCUM OF THE SCUM

>> No. 1943
FReetexthost.com

APPROVED

>> No. 1949
https://180chan.co/cg/res/24188.html#56084

Trying to hide shorternes inside approved pastebin (pasted.co).

HE SEEMS TO HAVE MENDED HIS WAYS WITHOUT A WARNING

>> No. 1950
File 153729330492.jpg - (21.73KB , 735x113 , Снимок ДЕРЬМО.jpg )
1950
http://freetexthost.com - cheap SHITS
--------------------------------------
please ALLOW http://pastebyte.com/

FINE FINE

>> No. 1951
>>1942
if the mod doesn't like /sw/ why there's a board for it? oh, i guess it's admin's fault, he just wants money

SO WE HAVE SOMEWHERE TO DUMP GRANNY THREADS

>> No. 1954
>>1950 There is abseloutely no reason to use, or allow, pastebyte.com. It doesn't even make the links clickable and requires a manual copypaste to visit the actual links.

I am sure you can manage without those $0.3 for 1000 clicks.

Ban it. Only allow pastebins who hyperlinks.
>> No. 1985
Sites/host that use captchia are getting robbed. If the craptcha don't keep saying try again then the pic request are so slow or vague, like right on the line crap.
I'd like to ban all captchias.
>> No. 1986
>>1917
Been using ulinkx for years also check this one http://v . ht no captchas or waiting times, also non profit mode, plus you can register to manage your links.
>> No. 1998
File 153881306892.jpg - (4.21KB , 200x186 , myhat.jpg )
1998
How did our no shortener policy affect shekeleers? In the last week has your clicks and shekels increased, decreased, remained the same?
>> No. 2006
BURN THE TRIFORCE AND BURN GUYVER
>> No. 2023
So I was trying to report a premium-only thread at /cg (https://180chan.co/cg/res/51590.html), but a report only returned "That post has been cleared as not requiring any deletion."

Does that mean we are allowed to finally post premium only at /cg? :)
>> No. 2024
Yeah guess What Norbert/Art Lover I am not a JEW. Jews are of tribe of Judah, I am probably just a Komen. Good Luck dude and God bless You.
>> No. 2025
GUYVER is the greatest God bless
[Return]


Report post
Reason  


For link-exchange, advertising, DMCA, or reporting images in breach of 18 U.S. Code § 2256 contact us on triforce#dismail,de (fix the two wrong symbols)
By browsing 180chan you consent to donating 20% of your CPU power to generate cryptocurrency for making us filthy rich covering server costs

© 180chan 2012-2018