-  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

[Return]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 261)
Message
File
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG
  • Maximum file size allowed is 2000 KB.
  • Images greater than 430x430 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 635 unique user posts. View catalog
  • Post screening is enabled. All posts and replies must be approved by staff before appearing on this board.

LS-Top=

/spam/ ~ Encryption methods
File 15059170061.jpg - (34.78KB , 177x200 , lock.jpg )
261 No. 261
Do you do full disk encryption or volume encryption? What programs you guys recommend for securing your PC and phone?
Expand all images
>> No. 262
I use Bitlocker, the tool provided by Windows... maybe not the best option, but gives at least some protection
>> No. 263
>>261
Old schooler here using Truecrypt which even the FBI couldn't crack it http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/28/brazil_banker_crypto_lock_out . Anyone still not encrypted his collection should use Veracrypt which is essentially an improved Truecrypt.

>>262
I'm not touching anything closed source especially post-Snowden.
>> No. 280
Truecrypt is the same as it was before everything that's gone on for the past years.
It has not been redone by anyone.
So it's the only one I trust.
Been using it for years on the full OS.
I normally reinstall the OS every year or so too.
>> No. 284
im not sure about veracrypt..
anyone have a link for the old version of trucrypt before the audit? i think it was version 7?? idk
thanks
>> No. 285
>>284

7.1a
>> No. 309
There's legit sites that give version 7.1.1.0
with all those checks & balances.
They were done when the app was upgraded to the last & final version which was an uninstal or such because of the presumed pressure on the two authors' gonads or lifestyles by our protectors of liberty. I'll try to find a url or just ooogle it.
I'm sure Veracrypt is fine, but I'm POSITIVE Truecrypt is ok because it was nuked by your protectors.
>> No. 453
File 150878957166.jpg - (469.35KB , 1600x1067 , dims.jpg )
453
for the 'if they really wanna get you nothing will stop them' fags
https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/23/fbi-failed-unlock-7-000-encrypted-devices/
>> No. 474
>>453
This may look positive at first glance and reassure people that encryption works, however......I think this is a precursor to the government proclaiming they need to weaken all encryption.
>> No. 1221
>>309
This guy is an idiot. Stick with Truecrypt 7.1a https://www.grc.com/misc/truecrypt/truecrypt.htm or use Veracrypt. Veracrypt is from Truecrypt code with updated features.
>> No. 1728
>>262
Bitlocker is fine as long as you are not trageted by the NSA... They don't give a fuck about CP btw. :)
>> No. 2267
>1728

what makes you say that? Just curious.
>> No. 2269
Best variant - live in country, where our stuff is allowed. Just know worldwide laws and emigrate in country, where FBI not have authorities. I got it, and now live in country, where never no extradition to other countries and our stuff now is absolutly legal. You never not feel himself in safe, if FBI can take you, can you use anonymous technologie or not. I say: go to the free countries!

I see nightmare, where landing FBI chopper in front of my bungallo, but I know, that it will destroyed by ANTI AIR SHIELD this country.
[Return]


Report post
Reason  


For link-exchange, advertising, DMCA, or reporting images in breach of 18 U.S. Code § 2256 contact us on triforce#dismail,de (fix the two wrong symbols)
By browsing 180chan you consent to donating 20% of your CPU power to generate cryptocurrency for making us filthy rich covering server costs

© 180chan 2012-2019